Sunday, October 20, 2019

Vol 2 Issue 30

Pic of the week 


First day of kindergarten! 😍😍😍 Going through all of these old photos is so fun!  Sometimes I catch glimpses of the nephews and nieces in my and my sibling's faces and it's delightful.

Quote of the week

"Oh, that's just tacky."
- Maggie Smith in Murder By Death.  It's honestly one of my favorite moments in all of cinema.  Because Maggie Smith is a genius. 

What's going on?

Indigenous People's Day.  That's what!

Also National Pasta Day.  You know I celebrated with some mac and cheese.

I have a Spanish tutoring student at the moment and it's inspiring me to brush up on my Spanish.  You'd think I'd use it our here more than I do.  I am not as fluent as I once was, though.  So I'm planning to put in some time on that.  Staring with Duolingo!  It's so easy!  And it keeps me off Instagram.

Anyway, not much exciting happening around these parts at the moment.  Watching too many zombie-themed shows, and scanning loads and loads of pictures and enjoying the pumpkin-spiced season of the year.

What I'm reading


Last week I went to see John Leguizamo in a show called "Latin History for Morons."  It was fine.  BUT the show is based on a BUNCH of books that he read about American history (meaning the history of the Americas, not just the US).  This was one of them and it's fascinating.  Scholars believe that before Columbus there were more people living in the Americas than in Europe.  And that the societies here were every bit as complex and advanced as anywhere in the rest of the world - which sounds like a no-brainer, but for a long time people believed differently.  Anyway, great read so far.

What I'm watching


Over the Garden Wall. It's on Hulu and it's weird and spooky and delightful.  There are 10 episodes, each is about 11 minutes long.  It's a perfectly festive thing to watch. 

What I'm listening to


Season 3 of the Podcast just started.  Y'all, I know that this is my job and all, but this podcast is genuinely so good.  Share it with everyone you know who has kids.  Or even people who don't have kids.  Many a parent has told us that it's saved their car trips. Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard being two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment