Sunday, August 23, 2020

HEAT WAVE!!!

Pic of the Week


I sprouted an avocado pit.  Just for fun.  It takes about 15 years to get an avocado tree that will bear fruit, but even then it's not likely to be edible fruit.  Even trees that produce edible fruit are generally carefully cultivated and take 2-3 years.  This is just for a fun little plant to add to my ever-growing collection.

What's going on?

I started a nannying job this week for a 7-yr-old boy named Jack.  It's just part-time whenever the mom needs extra help.  He's a cute kid and we've had fun together so far.  He loves playing the Wii and wanted to teach me how to play Super Mario.  I haven't played a Mario game in YEARS, so it was fun to get back into it.  We also did some science projects, read, played with LEGO and generally palled around.  

I picked up a brand new bed this week!  It was free.  I rented a U-Haul and decided to take a couple of big/heavy things from my room over to my new room while I had the vehicle for it. originally was like, "I can handle this just fine on my own!" but then decided to ask a friend if he was available to help and was SO glad I did.  It would have been a HUGE pain in the butt to haul it all by myself.  It's excited to get the first of my things into my new room.  I'm excited to settle into a new space. 

We're in the middle of a heat wave at the moment and I am NOT enjoying it.  I feel like I'm always sweaty.  Plus California is on fire so our air quality isn't great.  It's quite an end to the summer.

What I'm watching


Former First Lady Obama's speech from the Democratic National Convention this week.  Do yourself a favor and watch it.  This is one for the history books.  "It is what it is."


No comments:

Post a Comment