Sunday, November 15, 2020

Lunch will be provided

Pic of the Week


Went for a hike this week to a favorite little waterfall of mine.  There are two waterfalls on this hike, and I'd only ever hiked to the lower falls.  It's a really breezy hike, and the lower falls are usually lovely.  This week they were super dried up.  There was still water coming down, but the stream and pool that are usually there were almost gone.  I also decided to hike up to the upper falls this time.  It's a bit of a steep scramble, but still doable.  And once you get to the top, you can actually climb up into the waterfall.  It's pretty cool.

What's going on?

Hope everyone is staying safe during this new spike in the pandemic. Keep wearing your masks, limiting exposure, washing your hands.  We'll get through this. 

I had a pretty busy week out here.  Lots of work this week - which is great! This weekend I helped proctor the national chiropractic board exams.  Pretty boring job, but made some good money for two day's work.  

I woke up the other night in the middle of the night because the lower left side of my back was hurting.  In my half asleep stupor, I was like, "...is that my kidney?  Do I have a kidney stone?!"  But I think it was just that I'm in my late 30s now and sometimes when parts of my body are in one position too long they get stiff and then when I move, it hurts.  How fun.  

Anyway, that's about it for this week.  Just living that ordinary life.  Work, groceries, laundry, TV.  How are all of you?
   
What I'm watching


New Season of Britain's greatest export.  It continues to be delightful, heartwarming, and delicious.

What I'm listening to

Reply All episode Happiness Calcluator vs. Alex Goldman.  It talks about something called the hedonometer that measures happiness levels in the English-speaking world using the language of twitter.  It's interesting to see different places where happiness spikes and dips.  They started measuring in 2008.  The biggest spikes are always on Christmas Day.  Take a look at it!  

What I'm puzzling


White Mountain does it again!  Excited to do this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment