Monday, October 15, 2012

The in-between time

Remember how I love my career?  LOVE.

But there are times when my work annoys me.

Yesterday was the perfect example.

I was scheduled to be on set for a shoot at 8 am.  According to the call sheet I was the first actor called. It's pretty standard that you'll show up to set and by the time you eat/get through wardrobe and makeup etc. it'll be a couple of hours before they actually use you.  So, when I wandered onto set at around 10:30 to begin working, there were no surprises.

I worked for about 20-30 minutes, then they moved on to other shots.

2 hours later we broke for lunch.

2 and a half hours later, they finally used me again.  For about 20 minutes.  Doing close-ups of just me.

Now, I think even someone who is not familiar with how this whole filming process works will see the complete lack of common sense in there.  They easily - easily - could have had me wrapped and on my way by about 11 in the morning.  Instead I sat around all day doing absolutely nothing.  I missed church.  I missed a nap.  I missed a fresh, hot dinner.  I was aggravated.

Even then, watching 8 and 9-yr-olds perform the final death scene from Romeo and Juliet with a CPR dummy all day was pretty priceless.

Love.  My.  Career.

No comments:

Post a Comment