Sunday, April 5, 2020

Lions and tigers and breads, oh my.

Pic of the week 


Story Pirates is still kickin', friends.  One of the ways we're doing that is by filming digital shows for schools via Zoom.  It's best if one can have a blank wall and the camera at face height.  So this is my setup to make that happen.  You can also see the puzzle I'm working on in the background.  Quarantine is going well.

Quote of the week

"Do you know how lucky you are to find that?"
Grocery store clerk talking about my flour.  Yes, sir, I am WELL aware. 

What's going on?

This week's theme is baking.  I have too many treats.  COVID-19 is gonna turn into COVID-25 pretty quickly.  Chocolate chip cookies, double-chocolate banana bread (which is a bit of a misnomer because it was 0% bread and 100% cake), carrot cake cookies.  That's what happens when you get one of the last giant bags of flour from Target.  Perhaps I'll even make some bread with it.

Life in quarantine continues.  Puzzles, a little work with Story Pirates this week directing and filming a digital show for a school in LA, tutoring, infrequent trips to the grocery store to pick up supplies, afternoon walks in the sunshine to maintain my sanity, and I even started sewing masks for local hospitals - which is a great way to get through some TV shows, honestly.

How's everybody holding up out there?  It feels like we're kind of settling into this a little bit.  No?  Just me?  It's been kind of fun to have Zoom movie nights and get-togethers with various groups of people.  Gotta maintain that social contact.  Ya know?

What I'm watching


Y'all.  This. Show. Was. BONKERS.  Truly a train wreck of a story.  Couldn't look away. And EVERY TIME you think it can't get weirder, it does.  This world is a wild, wild place. 

What I'm puzzling



Exquisite Creatures II.  This box is VERY misleading.  You think it's going to be a circular puzzle, but you're WRONG!  It's a square puzzle and almost all of the edge pieces are essentially indistinguishable from each other.  The bug part was pretty fun.  The other part...

What I'm cooking



Chocolate Banana Bread.  Again, this is not bread.  REPEAT - THIS IS NOT BREAD.  This is cake masquerading as bread because it is baked in a bread pan.  And it's delicious.  Honestly.  A friend of mine posted on Instagram that she had received some from a friend of hers and I just couldn't resist making some - especially because I happened to have a couple of bananas that were past their prime.  And we can't let that sort of thing go to waste, now can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment