Sunday, September 27, 2020

Make him an offer he can't refuse...

Pic of the Week


Rooftop chill with a friend.  What a view.

What's going on?

I watched The Social Dilemma (highly recommend) and decided to take a break from Facebook for a minute.  I logged out on all my devices and honestly didn't really miss it.  I logged back in to check something one day and could feel my blood pressure rising within about 2 minutes, so I think I won't be checking in there much moving forward, and definitely not before the election is over.  It's too contentious with no reason.  Ya know? 

I have quite a load of tutoring students these days.  About half of them are in-person, but the company I work for has put safety guidelines in place, so if families decide to do in-person tutoring, it has to be in a shaded outdoor space and both the students and tutors are required to wear masks.  It's actually quite nice and the families I tutor for have some amazing views in their backyards.

I went to the hardware store this week to pick up some pliers so I could switch out my very old shower head, and while I was there decided to pick up a pot for a plant, but the garden center didn't have any terra cotta pots.  None.  What?  That's right.  NONE.  So weird.  Also, an animal of some kind had pooped in a tray of ground cover.  What a trip to the store.

This week in jobs I'd never imagine having - I went to an observation for what amounts to an extension of my standardized patient job, it's just that these exams are more invasive - teaching students how to give a proper testicular and prostate exam.  Such fun!  Pay's good though.

What I'm reading

Lots of moving tribues to RGB (while also fuming at the blatant hypocrisy of the Republican party in fast-tracking a replacement.  And I just keep thinking, "Hey Christians, ya know who Jesus didn't have any words for?  Gay people.  You know who he had a lot of words for?  Rich people and hypocrites." *sigh*)

What I'm watching


My roomies made a plan to watch this one as they'd never seen it, so I joined them.  I saw this one a few years ago, but didn't actually remember a lot about it.  Interesting film.  We also looked up lots of fun trivia about it.  For example, Marlon Brando wanted Don Corleone to look like a bulldog, so he stuffed his cheeks with cotton wool for his audition and then during filming he wore a mouthpiece that is now on display at a museum in Queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment