Sunday, December 27, 2020

Merry Christmas!

Pic of the Week


Against the advice of every civic and medical expert, I traveled for the holiday.  My plane row was empty!  I learned from the screen at my gate that there were 64 available seats on the plane, but only 40 of them were occupied.  So there ya go.

What's going on?

A very Merry Christmas to one and all.  I hope your holiday was filled with joy and cheer, even if it was a totally weird holiday. 

I traveled to Portland to spend Christmas and New Year's with my aunt and uncle and it's been a delight so far.  Lots of time spent reading and doing puzzles and playing games.  

The week leading up to Christmas was spent preparing to leave and soaking up as much holiday cheer as possible. I went for a walk around the neighborhood by my apartment and was disappointed to see that there was VERY little Christmas spirit.  Only about 1 in every 10 houses had any lights at all, and half of the houses that did have lights only had a string or two up.  

What I'm watching


The Great Conjunction!  Did everyone get a chance to see it?  I went down to the beach after work to get a good view only to get home and realize I could see it from my driveway.  Them's the breaks, I guess.  It was still cool to see.  Can't miss an opportunity to check out a once-in-a-century event.

What I'm reading


I finished the Mistborn Trilogy!  Honestly?  Despite it's somewhat dated nature, I'd still recommend it.  Ol' Mr. Sanderson wrapped it up really well.  
On to the next!  Less.  Not something I'd recommend to everyone, but it's a funny, delightful read about an author avoiding a wedding by accepting a bunch of invitations for conferences and teaching positions and such around the world.  And a Pulitzer Prize winner to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment