Sunday, June 28, 2020

Brownie bites and baby bumps

Pic of the week 


I went to a zoom baby shower for a friend this week and there was an activity where you had to put a piece of paper on top of your head and draw a baby.  This was my baby.  

What's going on?

I'm COVID negative, y'all! Or was as of Tuesday, anyway.  I'm planning to get tested again as soon as I get back from Utah and then a week later to make sure I didn't catch it on a plane ride or in a cookie shop while traveling.  Watching the numbers steadily rise this week makes me wish I'd reserved a rental car instead of buying a flight, or that the Good People of Utah™ had been a little more careful about social distancing and wearing their masks.  But here we are.  Two flights to Utah on Friday (Somehow American Airlines has no direct flights anymore?) and two flights back the following week.  Sending prayers for not a full flight.

A friend of mine left town for a month or so and asked if I'd water her plants while she's gone.  It's a nice excuse to get out of my apartment for a while!  Plus, she has a nice big bathtub at her house that I fully intend to take advantage of while she's gone. AND she lives just down the street from one of the best pizza places in LA.  :)

A current goal is to get in my 10,000 steps every day.  That's about 4 miles' worth of walking every day.  Bring it on!  It's fun to get around the neighborhood and discover cute houses and out of the way treasures and such.  Plus I now have another neighborhood to explore while watering my friend's plants.

What I'm watching


It's on Netflix!  This is widely agreed to be one of the better Star Trek series, so I decided what with finishing Discovery and Picard that I'd check it out. Plus it's a great series to watch while working on other projects - photo archiving, puzzles, laundry etc.

What I'm reading


You guessed it, another perspective from the Black American experience. This is a quick read, check it out.

What I'm listening to


The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown. I listen to this once a year.  It is LIFE CHANGING stuff.  Seriously.  This is basically a 6-hour version of the stuff she talks about in her TED talks (which you can find here and here.)  Cannot recommend this highly enough.  Bonus - since I've listened to it 3 or 4 times now, I played it on triple speed and got through the whole thing in one day!  Usually it takes me a few days to get through the whole thing.

What I'm puzzling


Finally finished that 2,000 piece BEAST and am moving on to this little gem that I found at Target.  Antique Advertising by Milton Bradley/Hasbro.

What I'm cooking


Brownies.  In fact, one of the best brownie recipes I've found to date. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment