Monday, June 8, 2020

Camping for the Cause

Pic of the week 



Camping trip with some friends this weekend! It's a bit hard to see because of all the fire, but I've got my leg propped on a GIANT log that I dragged to our campsite to burn so we didn't have to pay for firewood.  That log lasted us until midnight and even then wasn't fully burned through.

What's going on?

Happy birthday to Mom!  I would normally probably do a little shopping and have lunch in her honor on her birthday, but since everything is shut down at the moment, I took Mom for a hike instead.  It was beautiful.  Very few people, incredible scenery, fresh air, peaceful atmosphere.  And I stopped on the way to get some of the best cookies in LA.  So.  Win-win-win.



I have honestly been quite wrapped up in reading and preaching the good word of racial justice on the social medias and educating myself about how I can do better and totally spaced writing this yesterday.  It's been a busy week.  

What I'm watching


Is this a good show?  Not really.  It's basically a soap opera in space.  But it's entertaining.  AND the cast is wonderfully diverse in almost every way.  Support shows like this, please.

What I'm reading


Get your hands on a copy of this book as soon as humanly possible.  I will most likely be buying you all a copy for Christmas, so. It will change your perspective for the better.  I promise.  We've got a lot of work to do, my White People.  

What I'm listening to

This podcast from the Salt Lake Tribune.  Specifically episode 132: What society and the LDS church can do to erase the sin of racism, which talks to two black members of the LDS faith and their reactions/thoughts on the current movement.


No comments:

Post a Comment