Sunday, June 16, 2019

Vol 2 Issue 12

Pic of the week 


Technically this is from last week, but I missed a week, so here ya go.  Celebrating Grandpa's 80th birthday by riding the Heber Creeper and getting burgers afterward.  This is only about half of the family.

What's going on?

Happy Father's Day to all the dads!  Y'all are pretty cool.  In my work I've seen examples of dads all across the spectrum, and I gotta say that I've got some pretty stellar examples of fatherhood in my life, for which I am most grateful.  Keep up the good work!

Last weekend I was traveling, and writing out this ol' thing just slipped my mind.  It was really fun to spend a few days in Utah.  Got to see lots of family and a lots of friends and smell that beautiful summer-in-Utah smell.  I love it so much.  Would have been fun to see the entire family all together, but people have work and live out of state and so that's not likely to happen until Grandpa or Grandma are Taken Up to Glory.  And even then, I'd be surprised if all 56 descendants and spouses make it to the funeral.

Riding the Heber Creeper was a really enjoyable experience!  It was my first time and I gotta say it's worth a ride.  3 hours round-trip and it's just a delightful, easy, relaxing afternoon.  Bring a book or a friend and a some snacks and enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery.

Other than a short trip to the Motherland, not much is going on here.  Summer's a pretty slow time.  Auditions slow down, Story Pirates shows slow down, tutoring slows down, my metabolism slows down.  But the weather's been beautiful, and my roommate has been gone all weekend, so it's been a non-stop underwear dance party around here.

What I'm reading


Sci-fi novel.  The premise is that something hits the moon and makes it break into 7 different pieces.  Science, science, science and the world is in danger so they're building a kind of ark in space to save humanity.  It's a long one. I've been working on it for a solid 3 weeks - including two plane rides - and I'm only about 30% done.  But it's interesting.  So, if you like sci-fi, I'd recommend giving it a whirl.

What I'm watching

This is a hard one to give recommendations for. Partly because I don't watch a lot of TV, and partly because most of the TV that I do watch is original content from a streaming service which doesn't have nearly the censoring process of your Network stations.  I guess I can recommend Godzilla: King of the Monsters.  It wasn't a great piece of cinematic art, but all I wanted was giant monsters fighting, and that's exactly what I got.  The lead guy BUGGED me.  But Millie Bobby Brown is in it, and she's a rockstar.

What I'm listening to

I think I've mentioned On Being before.  Thoughtful conversations with religious, spiritual, philosophical, and political leaders etc.  This week's episode, I thought, was great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment