Saturday, August 25, 2012

#29

29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?

Let me lay it out for you.  I think the answer to this question would be that people think I have a one-dimensional personality.  And I don't mean that people see me as bland or flat, but that I am one certain way...ya know what, let me just clarify:

There are people in my life who see me as a gregarious, outgoing, fun-loving, person.  The guy you want to sit next to at the restaurant.  The guy who embraces each day with an impish grin and spreads mirth at joy in his wake.

There are other people in my life who see me as a reserved, quiet, shy fellow.  The guy who blends into the background.  That one guy who they vaguely remember, but can't quite place.  A wallflower.

The truth is, I am both of those people, it just depends on the situation I'm in and the people I'm with.

And I think maybe I shoot myself in the foot a little bit there.

People who see my outgoing side miss that a lot of the time it takes a lot of effort for me to take initiative in terms of my friendships.

People who see me as shy don't realize that I'm kind of a wild and crazy - albeit somewhat awkwardly so - guy.

So if I just met you - and this is crazy - but here's my #*, so call me maybe?

*Ok, so that's not actually my phone number - I mean, there are creepers out there.  It just links you to my "contact me" page.  But for rills, hit me up on the FB or something.  Let's do lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment