Sunday, May 19, 2019

Vol 2 Issue 9

Pic of the week 


Just surveying my domain.  Everything the light touches.  Also, my butt's lookin' good.

What's going on?

Just settling into the new job a bit. I'm really enjoying it so far, but it's also challenging in certain ways and has understandably shifted my relationship a little bit with my fellow Story Pirates.  It'll be interesting to see how that develops as time goes on.

Honestly, not much else happening at the moment.  Just living life.  Still working a few jobs, finding time to spend with friends, seeing plays, getting in some beach time.

Been running every day this week, but some days it has been a STRUGGLE.  Guys. 

Also.  Ate a LOT of cookies this week.  So.

And I got a tiny sunburn.

What I'm reading

All the news that is news coming out of Alabama this week about the abortion ban they just passed. Trying to get some balanced viewpoints etc.  And here's where I've landed: Do I think women should get abortions?  Only in extreme circumstances.  Does my opinion on abortion matter?  Not in the least.  It's not my decision to make.  Never will be.  I trust that women will approach the matter with the gravity it deserves and make the decision that's best for them - even if that decision is abortion.  And I think abortions should be legal, safe, and accessible. Banning abortion won't stop it, it'll just mean that women get unsafe abortions. Mostly I just think it's time for old white men to stop being in charge of abortions.  Because the reality is, if it was up to women, it would basically be a non-issue.

What I'm puzzling


Honestly, this is more challenging than it looks.  Probably gonna take me a while.

What I'm listening to
Science Vs. is one of my favorite podcasts.  It's funny and informative and fact-based and beautiful.  Re-listened to their episode on vaccines this week.  Vaccinate your kids everyone.  Please.
Also, apropos of the abortion news this week, here's the episode on abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment