Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Have any spare change?

Along with my personal blog here I'm also a contributor to the Northern Lights blog over at the North Star website.  North Star is, basically, a support organization for us gays that are stickin' it out with the church.  And our friends and families.  Sometimes I write posts because it's my turn and I think, "meh".  Other times I write posts because it's my turn and I think, "That was an alright post.  I'd like people to see that one."

My most recent post over there deals with the question of changing orientation.  It's a letter to a member of the church - friend of a friend - who is of the opinion that I, and everyone else in my position, have a duty to use the atonement to change.  I shared my opinion that while the atonement certainly has the power to change that sort of thing, I don't think that's what it's for.

Read the whole thing here.

And Merry Christmas.

And here's to a prosperous 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment