Sunday, February 16, 2020

Falling in love with love

Pics of the week 


Happy Valentine's Day!


Got health insurance (finally bit the bullet) and went in to have my foot looked at.  Doc said there are no fractures, and that it's probably just due to my posterior tibial tendon (which runs kind of right behind and under the inside ankle bone) getting tired while training and then because it hadn't fully recovered when I ran the race, my foot took a lot of the stress, so I just need to rest up and take it easy for 3-4 weeks and I should be right as rain.  I'm a little bummed because I genuinely enjoy getting out for a jog, but doctor's orders are doctor's orders.


Some friends and I got up at the crack of dawn to make it down to Disneyland for the new Star Wars ride: Rise of the Resistance.  Because it's new and fancy they're operating it with boarding groups, so you have to get a spot in a boarding group or you don't get to ride the ride.  Most days the boarding groups open right when the park opens and are gone by about one minute later, so you gotta be quick.  But we got a group and got on the ride.  This picture is really only about 10% of the way into the ride and already we were floored.  This is seriously one of the coolest rides I've ever been on. I can't wait to go again. (Also!  Look for that handsome guy in the maroon jacket in a new comedy on NBC coming soon!  I have famous friends!)

What's going on?

I was ostensibly recovering from a cold this week.  I really only started feeling human again on Thursday.  It was a brutal one.  Despite that, it was a very full week.  Disneyland (I know, but I did Disneyland BEFORE the doctor told me to take it easy.), Valentine's Day, doctor's appointments, Story Pirates trainings, two plays (saw What the Constitution Means to Me, and honestly, if you ever get the chance, you should ABSOLUTELY go see it.), and lots and lots of soup.

What I'm reading


Recommended by my good friend Tara and I'm loving it so far.  It goes through a very cursory timeline of the founding of Islam in one chapter, and the parallels to Mormonism are fascinating. 

What I'm watching


This show was fine. It's a fashion design competition show.  I think Tan France is a better fashion consultant than host, but it was still some fun, mindless TV to watch while doing taxes with a cold.  

What I'm puzzling


No comments:

Post a Comment