Sunday, August 9, 2020

I have a normal-sized liver.

 Pic of the week 


#work  I was a fake patient this week helping doctoring students remember how to give a general physical exam.  Everyone was wearing masks and shields and washing their hands 800 times.
 
Quote of the week

"Because it's not super, it's just tasty."
-4-yr-old when I asked her why the candy that her super chicken character pooped out didn't defeat the laser tornado that was destroying the town.

What's going on?

Welp, it's official.  I'm moving apartments.  A friend (the friend I went to Egypt with, actually) had a room open up in her apartment and mentioned that I should move in.  At first, I was like, "Haha, you're so funny!" But then I thought about it and it would save me some monies, and it feels like it's time for a change, so I'm gonna do it.  Move-in is Sept 1, and it turns out I actually know the property managers!  They're in my old ward and their kids love Story Pirates.  The person I'm replacing is actually already mostly moved out, so I'm gonna slowly start transferring stuff over over the next couple of weeks.  

I'm also toying with the idea of building a custom bed.  It's been fun sleeping in a hammock for the last 5 years or so, but I think it's time to go back to a bed.  The only problem is that my new room is smaller than my current room. I LOVE the desk I currently have because it's nice and spacious and perfect for puzzles, but it's nice and spacious and combined with a bed, there is basically no room for it.  So.  I'm going to build a low loft bed frame that I can store my desk underneath.  The bonus is that by doing that I'll also be creating some storage!  Doing it this way also means that I don't have to get rid of any of my furniture because it will all fit quite comfortably into my room.  PLUS I can get a cool, custom bed for about as much money as a normal old bed frame - if not less.  I'm excited about it!  I'll take pictures of the process and the completed product.  Now to find a good, not terribly expensive mattress...

Work-wise, aside from the couple of days I was letting doctors take my blood pressure (a touch higher than the 120/80 standard, but nothing to worry about) and find my pulse in 6 different locations on my body (neck, wrists, groin, behind the knee, ankles, and top of the foot), I've been on the writing team for the curriculum for Story Pirates virtual summer camp for August.  It's been really fun!

What I'm watching


This is a really fun, well-done show.  It's a tad violent, so beware, but I think it explores interesting themes, and the actors are all top-notch, and who doesn't love super powers?

What I'm reading

Just started this one, but it's a story from the time of Jesus told from a woman's perspective.  So far it's really good.  I'm excited to see where it goes.

What I'm listening to

This episode of the Mormon Sex Info podcast.  In this episode the host interviews a woman who started Beauty Redefined which helps women to deal with all of the toxic messages coming at them from our culture and how to treat themselves as more than just bodies.  Lots of great info in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment