Sunday, February 21, 2021

Staycation. Kind of.

Vid of the Week


I was driving along the other day and came upon this rather large flock of seagulls circling a parking lot.  No idea why, but it was weird.
What's going on?

Today I'm writing from beautiful Morro Bay.  I decided to get out of town for a couple of days and booked myself a hotel room with a capacious bathtub up the coast.  It's a pretty mediocre hotel, but the bathtub is perfect - low water pressure notwithstanding.  I went for a hike this afternoon then took a nice, long bubble bath and will settle in to some tasty food and a bit of dessert later after a walk along the main drag here.  Tomorrow I'm going paddle boarding in the bay and then I think I'll head into San Luis Obispo for a little sight-seeing and some cake from the Madonna Inn.  I think I'd like to start doing this once or twice a year, just to reset and enjoy some alone time away from home for a bit.  

Other than that, it's been a normal week.  A little work, a lot of TV, and puzzling up a storm.  

What I'm watching


Magic and drama and mediocre writing.  Can't really recommend this one, unless you're looking form something to put on in the background.  Just a heads up that there is a little language, and things get a little graphic from time to time because magic deaths are not normal.

What I'm reading


Fantasy series recommended by a friend.  Pretty standard fare so far.  I'll let you know if it gets exciting. 
 
What I'm listening to


Fascinating podcast about a long-running con in Hollywood.  *language warning*

What I'm puzzling


99 Beautiful Places on Earth by Ravensburger. 4 of the places are in New York City. *eye roll* Still.  Fun puzzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment