Sunday, February 28, 2021

How do I do this again?

Pic of the Week


Hello, beautiful Morro Bay!  This is the view from a hike I took looking out over the bay.  I stayed just a few blocks inland and went paddle boarding in that bay while I was there.  It was perfect.

What's going on?

It was so nice to get away for a couple of days and have no responsibilities.  I ate too much food, got outdoors, saw some otters, bought a plant, somehow injured my foot just by walking, and discovered a delightful new camping location. 

Back in the real world, things are pretty much the same.  I did have my first in-person audition in almost a year.  I've had a couple of virtual auditions since everything shut down, but this was my first time back in a real, live, casting office. I felt a little rusty, but it was fun to get back out there. 

What I'm watching


All of the awards buzz for this film.  It's got everything - drama, laughs, crazy cooks, foul-mouthed grandmas, fire, heart.  

What I'm cooking


Creamy saffron lemon pasta.  It's rich and delicious.  I was lucky that I had some saffron on hand from a tutoring student who gave it to me as part of a gift when I finished helping him prep for a test. I even made the pasta from scratch! Mostly because Trader Joe's didn't have the kind I needed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment