Sunday, March 14, 2021

When you wish upon a star...

Pic of the Week


It's been over a year since I've been down to Disney, and so since I'm vaccinated, a Disney-loving friend of mine (who is also vaccinated) and I decided to head down to enjoy some treats and shopping and magic.  It was a delightful day.  And as you can see, they're keeping the magic alive by making you stand in line!

What's going on?

WAFFLES!

And LIFE!  Work is picking up a bit at the moment, which is fun.  It's keeping me busy.  Along with my standing weekly nanny gig, my old boss at Kidville is having me come watch her kids for a couple of hours a week - which mostly consists of me putting her youngest in a stroller, where she almost immediately falls asleep, walking to the park and reading for a couple of hours, and then going home.  It's chill.  :)

Story Pirates gigs have been picking up a bit too.  I've done a couple of virtual birthday parties recently, which is kind of a new thing for us.  We used to do birthday party shows a few years ago, but we stopped, and now in this virtual landscape, they make more sense, so we're giving them a whirl, and they're going well.  I'm back to directing shows, which is really fun.  It's where I feel most in my element with the company and I'm glad to be back in the saddle that way.

This week has also included plenty of puzzling, reading, TV, movies, and bike rides along the beach. 

What I'm watching


Y'all, this was bananas.  I know a lot of people in Utah are familiar with this story, but I was only 2 when it happened and wouldn't live in Utah for another 4 years, so I had no context and it was fascinating to watch. 

What I'm reading


Book 3.  We're going strong.

What I'm puzzling


The United States 1,000-piece puzzle by Mudpuppy. This one was really fun.  I borrowed it from a friend, but I'm tempted to tell them I lost it and then just keep it.

What I'm cooking


Sweet potato sliders.  As with a regular slider, you can basically put anything on these.  You just use roasted or grilled sweet potato slices as the bun.  Mine included chicken mole, tomato, guacamole, and kale.  They were delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment