Sunday, March 7, 2021

Triple Deke

Pic of the Week


I'm not 100% sure, but I think a garbage can attacked my mirror.  RIP.

What's going on?

I'm getting older.  I mean, we all are, but the evidence has strengthened this week.  I had my yearly checkup and my cholesterol was a little high.  Not higher than normal (for me), but borderline high for the general population.  That combined with a family history of high cholesterol and blood pressure, and other various heart problems means my doc wants me on cholesterol meds.  So.  Here we are.  I was really proud of the fact that I'm in my late 30's and not taking any medications.  But such is life.  Genetics will out, I suppose.

I've picked up another consistent childcare gig.  My old boss from Kidville is having me watch her young'ns for a couple of hours a week so she can have a moment of sanity.  So far it's been a pretty cushy gig.  Her older one is in school, so I go pick up the younger one in her stroller and by the time we get to the park, she's asleep.  She sleeps basically until it's time to go back home and drop her off and I'm on my merry way.  Good way to get a bunch of reading done. :)

Work is starting to pick up a little in general as well.  Babysitting/nannying, tutoring, Story Pirates, Standardized Patient work, teaching improv to kids.  It's fun.  Keeping me busy, but not so busy that I don't have time to enjoy some TV or the occasional hike.

What I'm watching


Did a movie night with some friends and watched this old gem.  Man, 90's underdog sports movies are a TRIP.  And you really can't go wrong with a dreamy young Emilio Estevez.  Thanks, Disney+!  Now if you'd kindly add North Avenue Irregulars to your offerings, I'd be much obliged.

What I'm reading


Book 2 in this series.  This one gets a bit saucier.  It's not as imaginative or inventive as other fantasy series, but it's still engaging enough to keep me going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment