Monday, April 5, 2021

Home prices are great in the middle of nowhere.

Pic of the Week


Me and some friends in front of General Sherman - the largest tree in the world by volume: 52,500 cubic feet!  It's about 2,500 years old, 275 ft tall, and 109 ft around.  Another fun fact:  You can't see it in the picture, but the top of the tree is dead. That means the tree will never get taller, but it's still growing outward!

What's going on?

This has been a friend-heavy week!  At the beginning of the week, my friends Sara and Amy were in town for a little getaway with their other friend Katherine.  I went to spend a couple of days with them down in Hermosa Beach where we got in some beach time, food, Downtown Disney and PLENTY of laughter.  


I got in a couple of regular work days before heading up to the mountains for Easter weekend with some LA friends.  It's been a truly delightful weekend: games, puzzles, movies, enough food to keep us full and happy for a full week beyond what we planned for, hot tubbing, hiking, wild turkeys, and this VIEW:


I'm a bit of an early riser, especially compared to everyone I came up here with, so I had this morning view pretty much to myself every morning while sipping on hot chocolate and doing some morning meditation.  It really has been the most relaxing and soul-restoring weekend. Highly recommend Sequoia National Forest if you've never been.  

What I'm watching

The mountain sunrise. 

What I'm reading


Shocker!  Book 6.  This is the weakest of the books, so far, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment