Sunday, April 11, 2021

I haven't killed a plant in MONTHS.

Pic of the Week


My roommate's cat, Seb, was feeling especially cuddly.  

What's going on?

Back to life, back to reality.  Mostly.

It was a pretty chill week around these parts.  A little work, a little reading, a lot of naps.  I did manage to get a little sunburned this week.  I met up with a friend at the beach and forgot sunscreen and a hat.  Luckily it's not a terrible sunburn, but a sunburn nonetheless.  

Honestly, wish I had more to report. I'm honestly pretty content at the moment, but the day to day is a little...mundane.  *shrug*

I have started a gratitude practice which has been really interesting and fun.  Right before bed, I write down 5 things I'm grateful for, and then just spend a minute really thinking and about those things and sitting in the gratitude.  It's added some good perspective, and also during the day it makes me kind of stop and notice things to be grateful for.  Most of them are pretty small - the light playing through the trees, an especially good cookie, a smile from a cashier - but somehow that makes it all the more meaningful.

What I'm watching


This got pretty terrible reviews, but it made me and my roommate laugh a lot.  Don't expect much from it, and it'll be a lovely little romp.  From what I remember, it's even appropriate for the whole family, though I'm probably not the best judge of that as living in LA has desensitized me to many things.  There are plenty of websites out there, though, that'll give you the low-down on what's what.

What I'm reading

You thought it was going to be book 7 this week, didn't you?  DIDN'T YOU?  Well, you were wrong.  I'm still on book 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment