Sunday, July 14, 2019

Vol 2 Issue 16

Pic of the week 




I got new head shots this week.  A while ago I did an informal poll on Facebook to see how often my actor friends update theirs.  My agent commented almost immediately saying, "You're due." So.  New head shots.  Sometimes you get a few goofy ones.  But, really, they're the best ones.

What's going on?

Summertime is in full swing!  Luckily it hasn't been too warm yet - which is GREAT because we only have air conditioning in the front room of our apartment, and so sleeping when it gets hot is a bit of a chore.  So far my little fan has done quite nicely, but in a month or so I may have break down and get an in-room A/C unit.

I don't always love LA, but in the summertime it's a lot of fun because there really is so much to do.  Lots of free shows and concerts and movies.  And some cheap shows and concerts and movies.  This weekend I went to a star party up at the Griffith Observatory. They have those once a month. It's a fun event where amateur astronomers from the area bring up their telescopes and set them up on the lawn and you can just kind of wander around and see what people are looking at.  This time we got to see the moon, Jupiter, and Saturn. All of which were very cool.  I also went up to the Rose Bowl Flea Market which is one of the biggest in the country, and to a free outdoor concert of the Grammy award-winning Mariachi Divas who were playing at a tamale festival.  Most of that I did with Shanalee and Seth and their kids who were in town for a few days.  So fun to see people when they're here.

I'm headed up to Utah tomorrow for a few days and all week I've already been eating like I'm on vacation.  It's kind of a problem.  But whatever.  You gotta live your life!

In sad news, I found out that Nancy - the woman I lived with when I first moved to LA - passed away a couple of weeks ago.  She was never in very good health, so it's not surprising, but I do think it's sad when someone dies, regardless of the circumstances.  They almost always leave people behind. She was well-loved in the ward in El Segundo and in her neighborhood.  And in this case, though we didn't part on the best of terms, she did allow me to live in her home for 4 years and gave me a stable place to find my feet for this crazy adventure.  She didn't want to have services and so her children accompanied her body to Idaho where she was buried. 

What I'm puzzling



FINALLY finished this one.  It was a tricky one, but still a lot of fun.  I got it from the thrift store unopened!  And it was on my desk for a few weeks, and in that time I managed to misplace one of the pieces.  Oh well.

What I'm reading

Lots of these charts, which are SUPER COOL!

What I'm listening to

Podcast episode from Radiowest about the dangers of inactivity.  This is all pretty common-sense stuff, but it's good to hear a discussion about it, I think.  Makes me want to park far away from everything now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment