Sunday, January 26, 2020

Vol. 2 Issue 43

Pic of the week 


It's happening.

What's going on?

Training them new baby Story Pirates, y'all!!!  They're culminating show is TONIGHT and I am stoked.  1 - Because this day is honestly like Christmas for me. It's my favorite night of the year.  2 - Because this time, I was in charge!  Like, I trained the new people (though it might be more accurate to say I oversaw the training of the new people), and put together the set list for their show, and it feels very rewarding!

Also got in some Disney time this week.  I randomly had a day where nothing got scheduled and the crowd trackers said it was supposed to be pretty dead, so I decided to go!  It was a little busier than I was expecting, but still not bad.  I spent too much on merchandise I don't need, ate too many treats, and probably spent too much time on my ankle (more on that in a sec), but it was fun!  A couple of friends came down to meet me and we had a delightful time.

So, I'm training for this half marathon, right?  Turns out something is out of whack with my right leg.  My hamstring feels super tight, and my knee has been bugging me.  I got a miracle of a knee band for when I run, but then my ankle started bugging me and it seems I've developed a bit of an overuse injury.  My race is next weekend, so I'm going to try my best to take it easy for the next little while and see if I can't get that ol' ankle in shape for the big race.  But it looks like I might just head down to Huntington Beach to pick up my t-shirt and cheer on my friend.  Fingers crossed I'm able to race as well!

What I'm reading


This is the 3rd book in the Scythe series and it's such a fascinating world.  Highly recommend this series.  Just read a brief synopsis so you know what you're getting into before you dive in.

What I'm listening to

NPR's Life Kit podcast. Practical advice for all kinds of things! This week I learned how to remove some stains and also some tips for reducing food waste!  Not every episode is applicable to everyone, but there's definitely something in there for everyone.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment