Sunday, January 31, 2021

Yer all wet.

Pic of the Week


It was raining on Friday and it made me really want to be at Disneyland.  *sigh* One day we may be able to return.  Until then, I'll cozy up in my Disneyland sweatshirt.

What's going on?

Copy, paste, repeat.  But this week, add some rain.  In all seriousness, though, time is an illusion and everything is always the same.  I did take advantage of the colder weather and make some soup this week.  :)

AND hard to believe January is over.  One month closer to getting back to normal.

I've been trying to be more mindful of what I'm eating the last month or so - paying attention to calorie intake, making sure to get tons of vegetables in my meals, avoiding treats etc.  It's been really great.  Yesterday I did the long bike ride again - it's 36 miles round trip - with a friend.  With my calorie goals for the day, and the expenditure of calories on the bike ride (I burned somewhere around 1,500), I had 4,000 calories to play with for the day.  That's a lot of food!  I went a little wild, and my body was like..."What are you doing?!" and gave me heartburn in the middle of the night.  Super fun.  Anyway, it's nice to know that my body is responding positively to the healthier lifestyle.  Let's keep it up, y'all!

What I'm watching


Haven't seen the original Avengers in a hot minute.  It was fun to revisit it. 

What I'm cooking


Crispy gnocchi salad with spring vegetables.  This recipe was SO good.  Especially the fennel seed lemon dressing that you put on it.  TASTY.  I will say that cutting the zucchini into ribbons was a bit of an unnecessary pain in the butt, and if I make it again - which I almost certainly will - I'll just chop them up like I would when sauteing or roasting them.  


15-min mushroom and tarragon stroganoff.  If you like mushrooms, this was quick and super delicious.  If you don't like mushrooms, it's still quick!  I added some bacon on top just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment