Sunday, March 18, 2012

#6

6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?


AP History Exam.


Having a broken arm and trying to wash my good hand in one of those sinks with the push-button faucets that only run water when the button is pressed.


The series finale of Full House.


But seriously, looking back on my life I've had it pretty good.  I suppose I've had my share of unpleasant experiences - the death of family members, friendship drama, broken bones, moving, coming home early from a mission, acne, getting fired, conflicts between church doctrine and personal feelings, but all in all I've had a pretty cushy existence.  I mean, I've never even had an in-grown toenail.  I realize I may be cursing myself by saying that "out loud", as it were, but whatever.


I think a lot of "experiencing hard things" is how you look at it, and I tend to be a glass-half-full kind of person, so I don't really perceive the difficulty in life.  And certainly, after seeing a family of 5 living in a space the size of my current bathroom, or knowing two little kids who lost both of their parents within 2 years, or watching friends who's parents are going through a divorce, I have very little to complain about.  With war, disease, mayhem, decay, tragedy, and hunger happening all over the place, I honestly can't say that I've ever gone through anything very difficult.


And chances are, if you're reading this you've probably had about as hard of a life as I have.


Kind of makes you realize the responsibility you have toward those who are less fortunate, doesn't it?


D&C 82:3 - For unto whom much is given, much is required.


Let's go out there and make the world a better place eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment