Tuesday, March 20, 2012

#7

7. What is your dream job and why?


My dream job.  So, here's the thing.  I pretty much already have my dream job.  I can't make a living off of it yet (KEY WORD!), but that doesn't mean it's not my job.  I'm an actor and I LOVE IT!  There's never been anything else in my life that I've never gotten tired of doing at some point or other.  Acting is like a drug.  Of course, it's nice to have a short break every once in a while, but inevitably the bug will be back.


Now, ideally what I'd like to do in that particular career path is one of several things:


Sitcom.  Series regular.  Something family-friendly that runs for 6-8 seasons and gets picked up for syndication.  In fact, if I could do several sitcoms that would be even better!


Movie career.  Obviously.  I feel like I'd be a nerdy, mostly comedic, male Meryl Streep when all is said and done.  Or like the boy-next-door geek version of Johnny Depp.  I'd be ok with that.  (Not that I consider myself on their level, but that I'd like to have a similar career - lots of really fun, meaty, charactery stuff.)


Educational TV.  This is probably my #1 wish.  I want to have my own kid's TV show.  Think Bill Nye meets Reading Rainbow.  A reading show geared toward kids in 4/5/6 grade.  Comprehension strategies.  But zany and quirky and fun like Mr. Nye.


Any combination of the above would be great as well.


I also wouldn't mind a career where someone paid me to travel the world eating good food and experiencing all the luxuries of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment