Friday, April 13, 2012

#10

10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.

I have mixed feelings about this question.  I never know how to answer this question.  I can't decide if it's because I haven't really had any embarrassing moments, or because I've simply blocked them out.  If the former is the case I feel both jipped by the universe for not providing me an answer to this question, and also grateful that I don't have an epic answer to this question.  I don't deal well with embarrassment.*


So...embarrassing moment?  I have a plethora of stories from the stage - missed entrances, forgotten lines, costume malfunctions...but those seem just seem like they go with the territory so I don't really count them.


I was asked this question recently in  an audition and I nearly froze up.  Luckily they said, "An embarrassing moment or funny story." So I shared this one. If you don't want to read the whole thing, the gist is that my car broke, but was saved by the SLC Fire Department.  The whole story is much funnier however.


While searching for that particular blog post I remembered a time in college when I was driving with my friends Melissa and the Guter to the boonies outside of Cedar City and I somehow drove the front end of my car into a hole.  Apparently I have trouble with cars.  Must be the curse of Grandpa B.  Melissa and the Gutes swear they warned me, but I must have been fairly distracted because I do not remember any such warnings.  Anyway, we ended up getting the car out, but it was pretty embarrassing.  At least for me...but again, I don't deal well with embarrassment.


*And no, that's not an invitation.  If you take this as an opportunity to embarrass me in some way, you will quite possibly do irreparable damage to whatever relationship we might have.  So let's not.

1 comment:

  1. It's true, we did warn you... but i wouldn't take back that experience for anything. IT was amazing.

    ReplyDelete