Sunday, September 22, 2019

Vol 2 Issue 26

Pic of the week 


Driving up to Salt Lake from Provo on a rainy morning and this little hill looked like it was frosted.  It made me smile.

What's going on?

Y'all.  The new Dark Crystal series on Netflix is so fun.  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I LOVED the movie as a kid and this is just more of what I loved about the movie and so I'm loving it. Love.  It's beautiful and imaginative and fun and everything I'd want out of the series.  So.  Recommended.

This weekend was Grandma B's big 80th birthday celebration, so I flew out to Utah to help celebrate and see family and friends and eat too many treats and it was great. Being a heathen these days, I'm used to things being open for business on Sundays and I forget that many many things are closed on Sundays in Utah and I sometimes forget to prepare for that because all of my favorite cookie shops are closed.  Luckily I got in a couple of delicious cookies on Friday and Saturday.  I just happen to be in the mood for a cookie today and nothing is open.  *le sigh*  That's probably for the best.  Heaven knows I don't need a cookie.

Today is the official last day of summer. So, even though the majority of citizens in the United States don't experience fall in the traditional sense, BRING ON PUMPKIN SPICE EVERYTHING!

I got some wifi-enabled light bulbs recently that can pair with my Alexa device and I LOVE them.  Now basically all of the lights in my bedroom are voice-activated.  It's so so nice.  If you haven't done this yet, can't recommend it enough.

What I'm watching


This was so good.  Go see it.

What I'm listening to

Vulfpeck radio on Spotify.  Super fun, kind of eclectic music for a day of piddling around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment