Tuesday, May 8, 2012

#16

16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

I think sometimes there's an expectation with this question to say things like, "My marriage and 4 beautiful children".  Not that I don't wholeheartedly agree that those would be your greatest accomplishments, they just haven't happened for me yet, so my list is going to be decidedly less...familial.

1 -  Master's Degree.  It's one that's sort of always been on my bucket list and I'm glad I took advantage of the opportunity to get my Master's Degree while I could.  It was half-paid for, so it was basically a no-brainer.


2 - Becoming a functioning member of society.  I think sometimes we underestimate how much of an accomplishment that is.  I live on my own, pay for my own food, cover my own car insurance, have a job and Disneyland annual pass.  The only thing I get from the government is a tax return once a year. I'd say that's something to write home about.


3 - This goes along with #2 and I think is excellently summarized here:

4 - Picking up and moving to LA.  I did it.  I'm here.  I'm using the talents God has given me and pursuing my dreams with fervor and panache.  I'm just starting out, so I'm still in the button-pushing phase of my career, but things are looking up!

5 - Probably the most important accomplishment of my short life is that I've managed to maintain my faith.  I've had friends who have stuck by me in that, I've had some who have chosen other paths.  I'm certainly not qualified to speak for anyone else but me.  I just know that the way I've chosen to live is the best way for me.  I'm here and I'm here to stay.

1 comment:

  1. Sheri and I were talking about your number 2 the other day. It definitely is a worthy and great accomplishment. Although, we were also blaming our parents for raising us to be responsible people that just can't scream and act out whenever we want to. ;)

    ReplyDelete