Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Chips and Guac

I love food.  Today, specifically, I love guacamole.  Trader Joe's has a guacamole kit that maybe changed my life.  It allows you to make your own fresh guacamole without having to figure out what goes in guacamole.  GUACAMOLE! I just like saying that...


For those of you not fortunate enough to have a Trader Joe's nearby, here's what you need:

2 avacados
1 smallish tomato
1 lime
A couple of garlic cloves (not the entire big thing, just a couple of sections)
A shallot, small onion, or small amount of onion
A spicy pepper - if you want some kick to your guac.

Mash up the avacados.
Dice up everything else (except the lime).
Combine with the juice of said lime.

Voila!  Gauacamole!

I also added some cilantro.  Cuz I likes me some cilantro.  I might also experiment in the future with some corn, or black beans.

Super easy.  Super healthy.  Super delicious.  Super guacamole.

You're welcome.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Guacamole is one of my very most favorite things. Also try some cumin or smoked paprika (my favorite). If you are ever in Napa, Idaho (just west of Boise) there is an AMAZING Mexican spot called El Gallo Giro. A very short, very old Mexican woman will come directly to your table with a cart full of veggies and make you a huge bowl of guacamole in about 30 seconds. The most magical 30 seconds of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me hungry for guacamole!!

    ReplyDelete