Saturday, October 27, 2012

Timelessnessity

One of my groups in the haunted house tonight was composed of a bunch of men and women in their 40s. It's not uncommon to see middle-aged people roaming these halls, but there was something about this group that made me a little sad. It took me a minute to figure it out, but here's what it was - they were a bunch of people in their mid-forties trying to be a bunch of people in their mid-twenties.

I am all for staying young at heart. Play. Be happy. Be weird. But own your age. I don't think there's anything at all wrong with growing older. It happens to everyone. Natural part of life.

Have fun as a 40-yr-old. But don't have fun as a 40-yr-old trying to be a 25-yr-old.

2 comments:

  1. One time a saw a pair of lacy thong underwear sticking up out of the rhinestone-y low rise jeans of the 60+ year old woman in front of me at the library. C'mon. A thong to the library?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt that parents of middle schoolers seemed to especially struggle with this concept. Amen and amen, Mr. Greg.

    ReplyDelete