Thursday, October 11, 2012

Politicos

I'm not a very politically-minded person.  That's just the way it is.  I tend to steer clear of that whole world because it's a bit too contentious for me.

That can prove difficult come election time because I'm not really sure who or what to vote for a lot of the time.  It's my own fault, I know, but I just have no interest in politics and to be perfectly honest I don't know that, in the end, it really matters who's president.  They don't have as much power to change things as people apparently think they do.

One issue that I've seen during this particular election is the debate over funding for the arts - more specifically centered around PBS.  This is something that really hits home for me since two of my biggest passions are the arts and education.

One of the more humorous/depressing of the visual internet memes out there at the moment:


While I understand where these people are coming from, my question is this - since when was it acceptable to leave the education of your child to television in the first place?

Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. I am not saying I know who i am voting for at this moment, but I do want to point out that PBS and Sesame street did come out and say that they would be completely fine and still able to stay on air if the government removed their funding. I do think its crazy how intense and stretched the political punches get. Sigh.
    But seriously, raise your own kids folks.

    ReplyDelete